Moving on, it is really interesting to see how people always go through the normal life when they face huge stress. Many say that trends today like Zen or Yoga can do the trick and yes, they actually work. Is there actually space for the intellectual side of humans? It got me thinking that there really can be something with this ‘mind over matter’ concept.
But as many would say, Humor is indeed the best medicine no matter what situation you are, what troubles you face. You can easily pay a good comedian some money and wet your pants laughing hard for the jokes they have to say. Despite the troubles you have had and the suffering you have gone through, it is always better to face the troubles while laughing with clear mind than a mind clouded and gloomy with anger. And one of the best celebrities of all time who would give the in-your-face frankness when he pulls out the enjoyment without even trying much is Woody Allen. It is amazing how you could just talk about anything in the world with him and he would just turn the subject to a pool of laughter simply by mocking it, and you would end up laughing your pants off rather than being upset about it anymore. These are related too 100+ inspirational good night quotes list
Woody Allen has this to say:
1. “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.” It sounds true to me since the practicality of all things involves money but it doesn’t have to take an arm and a leg to get it.
2. “I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it’s the government.” ‘Nuff said.
3. “There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?” This is one of the classics. The issues you have with all the little problems of life seem just fine and you seem to live well with those until the moment ‘he’ shows up.
Sure, relationships can get complicated or has its complications we discover sooner or later but we tend to go after what our heart desires the most, unless you’re talking about the heart as in biology, the blood pumping muscle in the inside your body.
4. “Love is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions.” And if you want more, just keep on asking!
5. “A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said ‘no’.” It sounds, ‘practical’, I think.
And when it comes to everyday life, he really knows how to make the best out of every possible scenario, and it doesn’t involve a lawsuit if he strikes a nerve.
6. “Basically my wife was immature. I’d be at home in the bath and she’d come in and sink my boats.” I never had a boat in my bathtub before. Just staring at it while soaking in hot water makes me seasick already.
7. “I am not afraid of death, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” If it rains, it pours.
8. “I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.” It could get worse when you’re guzzling on beer… or mouthwash, and it happened to me once!
9. “If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.” At least he doesn’t smite us with lightning, and I’m thankful for that.
We don’t know what will happen to us in the next ten, twenty or even thirty years but we have to see things differently and not just perspective. Life cannot be imagined without any wisdom to guide us along the way and we need more courage than we think to accept our fears and learn the way to deal with them. It doesn’t matter we are religious or not, dealing with your fears and troubles is the only thing that matters in the end.
And to sum things up, here is the last nugget of wisdom to go by… however, whenever, and wherever we may be.
10. “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.”