You may be moving home and need a helping hand to get things ready and packed up. This way you will be able to move as quickly as possible with all of your possessions transported safely.
There are some great removal companies out the like http://www.k1removals.com which will do a fantastic job of helping you relocate. There are also some bad ones also and we will give you some tips of how to spot a company that you should stay away from.
If you have been recommended a reputable firm by a friend who has had a good job done for them that will be fine, but if you don’t know anyone that has, you will need to do a little research. You can do this research in two ways.
You could use your local news paper in the advert section or search online with your local area included in the phrase.So what are the bad signs to look for.
- Cash only. No reputable firm will ask for payment in cash only. If this is requested when you get the quote the it would be wise to avoid.
2. Mobile phone number. Think about it, does any big company that you can think of only use a mobile phone? Of course not, make sure there is a landline which is traceable to an address.
3. Vehicles. A scruffy old van is a warning sign that the company is not reputable. A good firm would want a positive image and a nice smart van will promote a positive professional image of the company.
4. No address. Make sure that the firm is registered at a base and not just floating around. This will enable you to go to the premises should you have an inquiry or question.
5. Website. All good business owners have a website in these modern times and you will be able to answer a lot of questions like above by viewing it. There should be feedback from past clients also
To read more on the subject go to the K1 Removals blog for news, updates and advice on how to have a successful move.…
Have you ever thought about where your rubbish goes once your its picked up by your local authority or house clearance firm?
Have you ever wondered that every week when they come around and collect your rubbish you’re unintentionally damaging the environment? The truth of the matter is that a lot of people don’t realise that most of their materials usually end up in a landfill. So, while we’re polluting our environment; what exactly is our elected representatives doing to combat this?
We need to finally wake from this dream we call reality before it’s too late. Many scientists have stated that 2016 is an important year because if there’s no deal between Republic Of China and United States are about to enter a period which is considered too late to save our planet. No matter what we do after that, it won’t be enough to save our planet.
In September 2015, there was a breakthrough between two biggest emitters of greenhouse gases; United States of America and Republic of China. This agreement is acknowledged and considered as Paris climate pact, however many scientist experts have stated that agreement was far too short from what they’ve hoped for. If they’re right this means we’re going to enter a period where our planet won’t be what it used to be.
The fact that Paris climate wasn’t as good as many countries expected to United Nation has decided to take a step and over than 150 countries reach a monumental deal to phase out powerful greenhouse gasses. Some of the campaigners even argued that the new agreement is equivalent to stopping the entire world’s fossil fuel CO2 emission for at least two years.
This deal alone could give our planet more of a breathing space, however it’s still not enough. Every day, more and more animals are being extinct. Animals that we didn’t know even extinct are dying on rapid numbers even. We need to do more before it’s too late.
You can read more on recycling and residential waste clearance here.…
This post is brought to you by the team at http://www.sos-electricals.co.uk
Worn, broken or faulty electrics at home is not only inconvenient as things will not work properly but is also very dangerous so things should be fixed as quickly as possible.
Having said this it is not the best decision in the word to tamper with things yourself increasing the chance of making things worse and even getting hurt in the process.
You should start looking for a professional to do things properly guaranteeing that work to be completed to a satisfactory standard and will be safe and last for years.
The company or individual that you hire should have a solid reputation for great work and have plenty of testimonials that back up the work that has been done in the past.
Also insurance is very important should things go wrong which is unlikely to happen if you do your homework and pick the right person.
If you want to find someone in a hurry, you can search your local area online. This is a convenient way as you can search from your mobile phone or tablet. You will directly be able to see all of the above mentioned as view maybe some images and videos of the company performing work. You should also be able to request a quotation for the work and the company may visit beforehand tosee what
There are two places that you can check that an electrician if registered and they are the NICEIC or NAPIT organisations. That way they have been checked out and are verified. It is also great if the person has also had a criminal record check as you will be letting this person into your home and will be around you personal possessions.
This article is written by Andrew Charalambous
The menace of air pollution cannot be over emphasized. It has managed to cause havoc from a personal level to the whole society at large. Efforts to curb air pollution are usually met with great challenges like limited resources, ignorance, greed and corruption. There has been a raised concern on the deteriorating condition of the environment which is even affecting the younger generation. Air borne diseases like TB and asthma, and even worse chronic conditions like lung cancer are all the ugly side effects of air pollution. Dense smoke emitting from factories is the picture that comes into mind when speaking of air population. But pollution may also take subtler forms which may be noticed or not by man. Actually, any foreign body introduced to the atmosphere which is damaging is qualified to be called an air pollutant.
The main form of pollution to the environment is carbon dioxide emitted from cars, planes and industrial factories. Human activities over the past century have caused a serious raise in the atmospheric levels compared to past years. The ozone layer is also affected by release of methane which was even later banned because of its harmful effects. In reality, air pollution can now be safely termed as a number one public health challenge. Other natural processes may also be a contributing factor to air pollution. Volcanoes release high amounts of sulfur dioxide which may hang on the air and cause effects in human life and livestock even long after the eruption. The effects of air pollution are felt by everyone including:
• Depletion of ozone layer; the ozone layer needs to be in good shape for the well-being of the eco-system. But the emissions of harmful and destructive gases into the atmosphere have caused an imbalance in the atmosphere, destroying the ozone layer which is supposed to protect life on earth from extreme weather. This has been called the worst nightmare the world will have to face when dealing with air pollution.
• Air borne diseases; asthma is intensified when a sufferer is exposed to contaminated air. New- borns are also affected by contaminated air which may give rise to health complications even in future.
• Unhealthy foods as a result of chemicals form fertilizers; the 21st century is evident proof of conditions arising from polluted food products. The earth has been so depleted of its nutrients so much that agriculture has to depend on chemically filled fertilizers for better produce. Tumors and growths are often the result of consumption of such unhealthy foods.
• Acid rain; rain should be beneficial aspect of climatic change, but this is not often the causes in times of acid rain. Harmful gases which result in acid rain case great damage to animals and crops as well as human life.
There is the visible and invisible part of air pollution that needs to be addressed both by the government and individuals on a personal level. Home owners should be ready to adopt recycling habits and industries reduce carbon emissions.
This article was written by 69 drops studio London
Using a mobile phone to take the odd shot or photo is fine but to take a really great set of holiday photos or if you are shooting a set of photos for a project you will be better off getting a decent camera and some equipment. You would not like a family portrait or wedding day shot using a smart phone or tablet!
So if you want a professional look that you can enjoy for many years to come you shoot consider a professional photographer where it be in a studio or a outdoor shoot for natural lighting.
There are a few things to consider first that will affect how things will be done if you want things done outside. Outdoor’s the weather can be a problem (especially in the UK) as you do not know if it will be sunny from one day to the next. Things like the rain, clouds and wind could ruin things like hair and makeup and make things more uncomfortable than they could be and waste everyone’s time and money.
By hiring a studio, this will eliminate this immediately and you have full control of everything. It may make you feel a little nervous at first but you will still get in the swing of things and if you are lucky the studio may have some staff available to give you a little helping hand. This will benefit amature and professional photographers as the more hands there are to help the better, as with everything.
You will be able to adjust things like the set up of the lights, the backdrops and many studios also have a variety ofprops that you can use to make the secery about anything that you want.
Since the recent referendum here in the UK that saw us vote to leave the EU, there have been rumors, propaganda, and deliberate misinformation regarding just what the vote really means. For instance, most UK citizens aren’t really sure whether they can use their European health insurance cards while traveling across the EUL, or whether the cards were rendered unusable by the vote. But for the sake of setting the record straight, EHIC still continues to be used and accepted across the Europe. As a UK citizen traveling or visiting any of the EU nations, and Switzerland, it is very important that you carry your EHIC card with you. If yours is expired, make a point of renewing it on time, so that you avoid any inconveniences that come with traveling with an expired card.
There are several benefits of having an EHIC card when traveling in the European economic area;
- Caters for all manner of emergencies; One of the best benefits of having an EHIC card with you while traveling across the EEA is that in case of any emergency, you are well taken care of. In instances where you have traveled either for business, holiday, or whatever, and a medical emergency arose, you can use this card to access treatment in a public facility.
- Pre existing conditions; unlike most private insurance covers that are strict on the conditions or eventualities that they cover, a European Health Insurance Card covers all pre existing medical conditions. Thus you should be glad to have this card with you, because regardless of whatever condition is ailing you, you will still be able to access quality healthcare while on the move. Again, as long as you are visiting a public facility, you’ll be attended to.
- Peace of Mind; there is the peace and calm of mind that comes from knowing that you have all eventualities covered and catered for. While the new European health card is just a preserve of medical emergencies, it is a good thing since it gives you some peace of mind knowing that in case of anything, you are well covered.
- Application process if easy; another major benefit of having a EHIC card while traveling across the European economic area is that the process has been made very easy. You can rely on third parties like travel agencies to help in the application process. This is especially helpful if you have short notice to travel, and need to really have the card ready by date of departure. By the time you struggle to find out more about the application process, duration; an agent or travel agency will have secured the card for you.
- Even NHS recommends it; EHIC card enables you to access the same kind of medical services you would in the UK under NHS, while abroad. Furthermore, it is easier to get reimbursed for the cost of treatment and Medicare, when you’ve used an EHIC card.
Can be renewed; if your card got expired, the renewal process is quite easy and straightforward. You can also consult an agent to help you replace a lost card, where you are offered with a provisional certificate for the time being.
About EHIC card on Facebook Page…
Business trips are part of the lives of busy professionals. As you go about your routines, you need to ensure you have kept some important factors in mind so as to ensure a smooth stay. Hotels are the preferred places of accommodation while away from home, as opposed to hostels which might not be so convenient. When selecting hotels it can be a daunting task to know which one suit you best. Here a few things to consider when selecting which hotel you will stay during your business trip;
- Proximity; for instance if you will be meeting with clients at the city Centre, you want to choose a hotel which will be near the city. This will help you quickly attend to meetings and conferences without taking too much time commuting form your hotel to meeting place. It is also very convenient to choose a hotel with close proximity to the city, since you might need to take a tour and not worry about going back to some hotel far from the city.
- Services offered; different hotels have their style of attracting new customers and retaining old ones. So as a result you will find a hotel offers various attractive services and offers as part of the package. This may include swimming pools, buffets or weekend massages and spas. By choosing a hotel with such offers, you will find refreshment after a tiring day and who does not love to indulge in such delights?
- Safety; look for a hotel which will provide you with the safety you need, protecting you from fraudsters and identity thieves. Your personal information should not be shared with third parties.
So ensure you consider all the above factors before you choose a hotel for your business trip. It is worth the effort.…